one more global ann

This is the BEST place to get runegard tips and tricks!

one more global ann

Postby test_admin » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:57 pm

"What anyone else has got, you've got--if you've got valor. It's an end in itself. All the world is jealous for it. You see it in the eyes of the rich. Their money can't buy this. Everyone understands the language of our Path. Only if you follow, though, can you learn to speak it."

"That sword over there. Pick it up. Go ahead. Feel how strong it is in your hand. So much stronger than flesh," he flexes a bicep, keeping his arms crossed. "The flesh can be hardened to steel with discipline. The body can be moved to fury. But the acumen of skill is to subdue without fighting." He looks away, "If you can learn that, you'll be king."

"War is in the mind. Everyone lives it, and is controlled by it; the warrior is master of it. He knows the fury of a hurricane or the hate that creates the dragon's flame. Everybody fights. And before a fight begins the winners and losers choose themselves."

What is wealth? It's the ability to move worlds. Our kingdom isn't a kingdom without a reason. Here, in this coin, is the symbol of our kingdom. And here in this kingdom, is its symbol, the coin. Learn that well. The old know it; the world knows it."

"Riches are yours for the taking. But you can become just as much the victim as anyone."

"Don't expect others to respect you just because of who you are. They won't. But at the sight of what you have, they shall. When that person comes to you for a favor, there are no other questions worth asking."

"I'm sorry I can't help you. No one can. It is true; you are alone. You are a unique point in the universe. Harness that, friend. Harness it. Don't pry under the waves of conventional reality until you're ready; you'll hear your calling when you are. If, and only if, it's the calling to share the knowledge that entire civilizations have fallen before comprehending, then walk this path. It is the path of patterns."

"Know thyself; for it is the nexus of everything. Through shifts of your mind shall come changes upon the land. Enemies will fall, and you will rise up. That is if all is done well, and your Will is strong."

"How, you ask? It cannot be said simply. That is a part of the mystery. You see, if you adhere to this path, it will be no path at all. To take a step on this path is to unearth another of the great mysteries."

The legends all say that faith can heal. I... I'm not so sure anymore. There is a kind of experience, though. It's real; I've felt it. Through it you can touch the essence of us all. Oh, do use it for good ends, I entreat you. Too many dark nights have been had for this experience used foolishly.

Classically, it is referred to as the Heavens, for it is vast. Heed it's calling. When the wind blows in a direction; listen. What do you hear? What spirits and emotions are coming this way? If you are ever humble, that essence may flow through you, too.
test_admin
Site Admin

Runegard Character: Frec, Dazzle, Rikimaru

Return to Runegard Guides